Tuesday, January 23, 2007

OT Not a Knitting project but a project :D



I have been working on this purse and wallet today for a girl @ the college here and thought I would post it anyways. I have been making purses, totes, diaper bags... for almost 2 years and love it. It is just a little more expensive than yarn :D. I wanted to start me a website and sell my purses and scarves but do not know where to start. I am not looking for get rich quick but just a little extra cash. (y'all know what I mean...) I will post some more of my yarn projects soon. I am in the process of making so many things and I think the baby sweater should be done soon it is little. I hope you like the purse. Another thing if you have any tips for me on how to start my own business. I would love to hear.
Lauren

4 comments:

A Joyful Mom said...

OOOH, I am a purse freak! (just ask dh...lol)

Is that your own pattern? It is awesome and I love the wallet and the color scheme.

I can direct you to a very affordable site for WAHMs. I have my own with them. If you're interested, just let me know. I'm on the Knifty Knitter group with you. My sn is joyfulmom.

Little Ol' Liz said...

Cute - Cute - Cute!!!!
You really should look into Etsy.com to sell your homemade wares.
I just LOVE the colors you chose - they are so IN right now. How about another one in Raspberry and Chocolate! Yum.
Thanks for sharing :-)

Laura said...

The bag and wallet are awesome - you are very talented! I love the color scheme! I think you should be able to get $40-$50 for a bag and wallet set, easily!

Laura said...

P.S. The most recent issue of Family Circle magazine (75th anniversary issue) has a great article about moms who started their own businesses, and it has a lot of great tips on starting your own business.