Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Baby dresses

Well I have been working on some projects and finished them wanted to share them with you all. For those who know I am expecting (we do not know the sex of the baby yet, I just wanted to try something different from scarves and hats.)
The peach dress I started last night and finished this morning, it worked up very fast. The pattern had a white/cream dress with the ruffle collar a different color. It is suppose to fit a newborn to a couple months old. The yarn is Bernet baby yarn. The green ribbon was all I had that some what matched the peach I am wanting to get some peach ribbon to go in for the belt. Here is the pattern:
http://www.buttonspecialties.com/pdfs/Baby%20Dress.pdf















The purple dress I was practicing on, I crochet really tight so I went up 2 sizes on my needle, but with this yarn it does not pull as tight as the other so I could have used the needle they called for. I have added a ribbon tie on the dress to bring in the sides a little so it is a little more fitted. The yarn used on this is the baby bee baby chenille. I really liked working with this yarn, I just wish it was not so expensive. Please let me know what you think of the dresses. Here is the pattern:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Daniel/My%20Documents/Lauren/crochet/dresses/ruffledbabydress.html

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the dresses, especially the lilac one! I'm a beginning crocheter, and haven't had the nerve to attempt any kind of garments except ponchos yet. My husband's niece is having a baby girl in June, and maybe now I'll get up the courage to crochet a dress for the baby! If you don't mind sharing the pattern for the lilac dress, would you mind emailing it me at lauraconeal@sbcglobal.net? The link on your blog didn't work. Thank you!

Kathleen said...

Awesome job once again Lauren! You have inspired me to start making sweaters for my little girl! I am going to start the loomed one tonight I think! I started crocheting again, so I think I'll have to make the others as well! Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing! Kathleen